Last Friday, August 28th, Post Season and Such A Mess have teamed up to bring you a killer new 7″ split Greetings From on Common Ground Records that you need to check out. Post Season is an up-and-coming (and quickly rising) pop-punk quintet from Pennsylvania. I have had the personal pleasure to play and handful of shows with these guys, and I can tell you first hand everything about them is next level. From guitar riffs to stage presence, these guys excel at everything they do. Buzzfeed recently ranked them number one on their “Five Unsigned Pop Punk Bands That You Should Be Listening To in 2015.” Such A Mess, who hails from Los Angeles, CA, is a breath of fresh air in the current pop-punk scene and is quickly becoming one of my favorite bands. Don’t let their name fool you, Such A Mess a precise group that makes it apparent that they know what they’re doing. They embody a unique pop-punk sound, which reminds me a bit of The Wonder Years with a bit of early Taking Back Sunday. Here are 5 reasons to check out their new split EP.
- It’s pop-punk, simple as that. Who doesn’t love pop-punk? Pop-punk is the latest trend and for very good reasons. Post Season and Such A Mess exemplify that with this album. If you typically find yourself listening to pop-punk, this is the album for you.
- “Greetings From” has music for any occasion, whether you’re eating pizza, hanging out with your friends, or crying in your parents’ basement. It’s music you can skate to, work out to, or to get you through your daily commute to school or work. It simulates all the right feels and will leave you craving more of their music.
- Musically, this album is insurmountable. Post Season brings the catchy pop-punk choruses and the “youth anthem” type lyrics that stay stuck in your head. Such A Mess brings their incredible guitar work and deep lyric content that will hit you right in the heart strings. Together, these two bands fit perfectly together.
- For all you hipsters our there who like to stay ahead of the trends, Post Season and Such A Mess are two bands you can say you listened to “before they were cool.” Both these bands are going places and are quickly climbing the ranks. They’re incredibly talented and extremely hard working. Reward these pop-punk titans by checking this album out.
- If nothing else, Such A Mess’s “Keep To Myself (In F Sharp Minor)” should be reason enough to get you to listen to this album. From the very first note played, I knew this song would be my favorite. Melodic guitar, over laying clean and screaming vocals, and the right amount of angst or what make this song for me. Seriously, just listen to it.
You can stream “Greetings From” on YouTube below.