- 1 What is the oldest band still performing?
- 2 What rock bands started in 1968?
- 3 What is the longest running band with original members?
- 4 What bands were formed in the 80s?
- 5 What is the longest playing song in history?
- 6 What was the longest concert ever?
- 7 What music came out in 1968?
- 8 Which band has a 1968 hit with days?
- 9 What type of music was popular in 1968?
- 10 What is the oldest heavy metal band?
- 11 What was the first band ever?
- 12 What rock band has the most songs?
- 13 Who was the best band in the 80’s?
- 14 Who was the biggest pop band in the 80s?
- 15 Who was the biggest band in the 80s?
What is the oldest band still performing?
The oldest bands still touring today
- The Rolling Stones – established 1962. Keith Richards, Bill Wyman, Charlie Watts, Mick Jagger, Brian Jones in 1963.
- The Who – established 1964.
- Aerosmith – established 1970.
- U2 – established 1978.
- The Beach Boys – established 1961.
- ZZ Top – established 1969.
- KISS – established 1973.
- The Cure – established 1978.
What rock bands started in 1968?
- Black Sabbath (as Earth) Formed in Birmingham in 1968, by guitarist and main songwriter Tony Iommi, bassist and main lyricist Geezer Butler, drummer Bill Ward and singer Ozzy Osbourne.
- Crosby, Stills & Nash.
- Jethro Tull.
- Deep Purple.
- King Crimson.
- Led Zeppelin (as The New Yardbirds)
What is the longest running band with original members?
24: ZZ Top That’s enough to make ZZ Top the longest – running group with an unchanged line-up in the entire history of popular music.
What bands were formed in the 80s?
Top 10 Best Rock Bands of the ‘ 80s
- Guns N’ Roses (Hard Rock/Glam Metal)
- Queen (Rock)
- Metallica (Heavy Metal/Thrash Metal)
- AC/DC (Hard Rock)
- Bon Jovi (Rock/Hard Rock/Glam Metal)
- Foreigner Rock/Hard Rock)
- Journey (Rock/Hard Rock)
- Motorhead (Heavy Metal/Speed Metal)
What is the longest playing song in history?
Answer: As of 2019, Guinness World Records states that the longest officially released song was “The Rise and Fall of Bossanova,” by PC III, which lasts 13 hours, 23 minutes, and 32 seconds. The longest recorded pop song is “Apparente Libertà,” by Giancarlo Ferrari, which is 76 minutes, 44 seconds long.
What was the longest concert ever?
In the year 2640 – who knows what the world will look like then – the world’s longest concert, ‘Organ²/ASLSP (As Slow as Possible)’ by John Cage, is scheduled to finish. It started in 2001, so it’s planned to have a duration of 639 years. Not only is the concert long, it is also slow.
What music came out in 1968?
Billboard Year-End Hot 100 singles of 1968
|1||“Hey Jude”||The Beatles|
|2||“Love is Blue”||Paul Mauriat|
|4||“(Sittin’ On) The Dock of the Bay”||Otis Redding|
Which band has a 1968 hit with days?
“Those Were The Days ” Welsh folk singer Mary Hopkin has a #1 UK and #2 US hit with “Those Were The Days ” produced by Paul McCartney and released on the Apple label.
What type of music was popular in 1968?
‘It Was Allowed To Be Art’ Half a century later, 1968 continues to resonate as a landmark year for rock, pop and soul — in part, say musicians who were there in the studio, because artists were trying things no one had before.
What is the oldest heavy metal band?
Nevertheless, Black Sabbath set the standard as the first proper heavy metal band.
What was the first band ever?
The original Dixieland Jazz Band was the first ever music band which first recorded a song in 1916. Their “Livery Stable Blues” became the first jazz single ever issued. The group made the first recordings and claimed authorship for many jazz songs.
What rock band has the most songs?
In total, Buckethead has been involved with 476 different album projects (as solo or with other bands ).
Who was the best band in the 80’s?
Top 20 American Classic Rock Bands of the ‘ 80s
- Guns N’ Roses. After spotting every other American band on this list a six-year head start, Guns N’ Roses rocketed to the front of the pack largely on the strength of just one studio album.
- Van Halen.
- ZZ Top.
- Tom Petty & the Heartbreakers.
Who was the biggest pop band in the 80s?
Top 100 Artists of the 80’s
- U2. 1987 | 1988 | 1989.
- Bruce Springsteen. 1980 | 1981 | 1984 | 1985 | 1986 | 1987 | 1988.
- Van Halen. 1982 | 1984 | 1986 | 1988 | 1989.
- Public Enemy.
- Billy Joel. 1980 | 1981 | 1982 | 1983 | 1984 | 1985 | 1986 | 1987 | 1989.
- The Police. 1980 | 1981 | 1982 | 1983 | 1984 | 1986.
Who was the biggest band in the 80s?
Greatest Bands from the ‘ 80s
- Queen Queen are an English rock band formed in London in 1970.
- Bon Jovi Bon Jovi is a hard rock band formed in 1983, which had a streak of successful albums in the late 1980s.
- U2 U2 are an Irish rock band from Dublin.
- Guns N Roses Guns N’ Roses is an American hard rock band from Los Angeles formed in 1985.