- 1 What was the band’s biggest hit?
- 2 What is the meaning of Cripple Creek?
- 3 What Canadian American roots rock group had his like The Weight and Up on Cripple Creek?
- 4 What is the story behind the song The Night They Drove Old Dixie Down?
- 5 Is The Night They Drove Old Dixie Down problematic?
- 6 Is there a real Cripple Creek?
- 7 Does it take a load off Annie or fanny?
- 8 Who did Robbie Robertson marry?
- 9 What was Nickelback’s biggest hit?
- 10 What was Rush’s greatest hit?
- 11 What was Keanes biggest hit?
What was the band’s biggest hit?
|2.||“Tears of Rage” (Bob Dylan, Richard Manuel)||5:19|
|4.||“I Shall Be Released” (Dylan)||3:12|
What is the meaning of Cripple Creek?
Cripple Creek in British English noun. a village in central Colorado: gold-mining centre since 1891, once the richest in the world.
What Canadian American roots rock group had his like The Weight and Up on Cripple Creek?
25 on the Billboard Hot 100. Up on Cripple Creek.
|” Up on Cripple Creek “|
|The Band singles chronology|
|” The Weight ” (1968) ” Up on Cripple Creek ” (1969) “The Night They Drove Old Dixie Down” (1969)|
What is the story behind the song The Night They Drove Old Dixie Down?
The song is a first-person narrative relating the economic and social distress experienced by the protagonist, a poor white Southerner, during the last year of the American Civil War, when George Stoneman was raiding southwest Virginia.
Is The Night They Drove Old Dixie Down problematic?
“The Night They Drove Old Dixie Down ” is currently safe and widely considered to be one of the greatest songs in the history of American music. As it should be. The problem with policing political correctness issues like cultural appropriation is not that it protects people.
Is there a real Cripple Creek?
Cripple Creek is a former gold mining camp located 44 miles (71 km) southwest of Colorado Springs near the base of Pikes Peak. The Cripple Creek Historic District, which received National Historic Landmark status in 1961, includes part or all of the city and the surrounding area.
Does it take a load off Annie or fanny?
The chorus I came up with was, “ Take a load off Fanny ”—not Annie, as many people think. I’m not sure I had the Gotham’s owner in mind when I used “ Fanny.” But her name was certainly buried back there in my imagination. “ Fanny ” just felt rhythmic. “ Take a load off and put it right on me” also was pure Buñuel.
Who did Robbie Robertson marry?
Robbie Robertson married a Canadian journalist named Dominique Bourgeois in 1967. The couple has two daughters named Alexandra and Delphine, and a son named Sebastian. The couple divorced later.
What was Nickelback’s biggest hit?
- Rockstar. Nickelback.
- Photograph. Nickelback.
- Far Away. Nickelback.
- If Everyone Cared. Nickelback.
- Savin’ Me. Nickelback. Peaked at #2 on 6.23.2006.
- Gotta Be Somebody. Nickelback. Peaked at #1 on 1.23.2009.
- Feelin’ Way Too Damn Good. Nickelback. Peaked at #12 on 9.17.2004.
- This Afternoon. Nickelback. Peaked at #4 on 7.23.2010.
What was Rush’s greatest hit?
The Top 10 Greatest Rush Songs
- 10 – “Subdivisions” From: Signals (1982)
- 9 – “Freewill” From: Permanent Waves (1980)
- 8 – “Time Stand Still” From: Hold Your Fire (1987)
- 7 – “Closer to the Heart” From: A Farewell to Kings (1977)
- 5 – ‘2112: Overture /The Temples of Syrinx’ From: 2112 (1976)
- 4 – “Fly by Night”
- 3 – “Limelight”
- 2 – “The Spirit of Radio”
What was Keanes biggest hit?
10 Best Keane Songs
- ‘Call Me What You Like’
- ‘Nothing in My Way’ From ‘Under the Iron Sea’ (2006)
- ‘She Has No Time’ From ‘Hopes and Fears’ (2004)
- ‘Is It Any Wonder? ‘
- ‘Everybody’s Changing’ From ‘Hopes and Fears’ (2004)
- ‘Somewhere Only We Know’ From ‘Hopes and Fears’ (2004)
- ‘A Bad Dream’ From ‘Under the Iron Sea’ (2006)