- 1 What rock band has sold the most albums?
- 2 Who never had a Number 1 hit?
- 3 What rock band has the most number 1 hits?
- 4 Did the WHO EVER have a number 1 hit?
- 5 What is the #1 album of all time?
- 6 Who sold more albums than the Beatles?
- 7 How many #1 hits did kiss?
- 8 Who has the most number 1 hits?
- 9 Did Bob Dylan have a number 1 hit?
- 10 What song is the longest at number 1?
- 11 Who hit the most rocks?
- 12 What is considered the greatest song ever written?
- 13 Who was the first British band to have a number 1 in America?
- 14 Who has the most number two hits?
- 15 Did Motley Crue have a number 1 song?
What rock band has sold the most albums?
Check out the 50 best-selling music artists of all time by album sales:
- The Beatles — 183 million units.
- Garth Brooks — 156 million units.
- Elvis Presley — 146.5 million units.
- Eagles — 120 million units.
- Led Zeppelin — 111.5 million units.
- Billy Joel — 84.5 million units.
- Michael Jackson — 84 million units.
Who never had a Number 1 hit?
James Brown had dozens of songs make it to the Hot 100, but none ever reached No. 1. Brown is another legend who shockingly never reached the top spot on the Hot 100. He came close more than a few times with songs like “Living in America” (peaked at No.
What rock band has the most number 1 hits?
These are the artists with at least 8 songs that topped the Mainstream Rock chart. Disturbed holds the record for having the most consecutive number – one songs in the chart’s history with seven.
Did the WHO EVER have a number 1 hit?
A Number 1 single. The Who have managed to top the Official Albums Chart once, in 1971, with Who’s Next, but when it comes to singles… nope. The closest they’ve come is, like it is for most artists, Number 2, which they’ve reached twice, with My Generation (1965) and I’m A Boy (1966).
What is the #1 album of all time?
Michael Jackson’s Thriller, estimated to have sold 66 million copies worldwide, is the best-selling album. Although sales estimates for Thriller have been as high as 120 million copies, these sales figures are unreliable.
Who sold more albums than the Beatles?
250 million or more records
|Artist||Country / Market||Claimed sales|
|The Beatles||United Kingdom||600 million 500 million|
|Elvis Presley||United States||600 million 500 million|
|Michael Jackson||United States||350 million 300 million|
|Elton John||United Kingdom||300 million 250 million|
How many #1 hits did kiss?
Although Kiss has cultivated an extremely loyal fan base over the past forty-plus years, they never earned a number-one single on the Billboard Hot 100. In fact, they’ve never hit the top five. Shockingly, they’ve only hit the top 10 twice. The first time they hit the top 10 was in the late 1970s.
Who has the most number 1 hits?
The Beatles have the most No. 1 hits of all time: 20. Though unclear for how long, the Beatles still reign supreme as the artist with the most No. 1 songs of all time.
Did Bob Dylan have a number 1 hit?
Songwriter Bob Dylan has a long career that spans many decades. For most of his career, he never got No. 1 on the charts.
What song is the longest at number 1?
The longest unbroken run at number one is ” (Everything I Do) I Do It for You ” by Bryan Adams, which spent 16 consecutive weeks in 1991. Note: Songs denoted with an asterisk (*) spent non-consecutive weeks at number one.
Who hit the most rocks?
Top 15 Best-Selling Rock Artists of All Time in U.S. Sales
- 01 The Beatles – 183 million. The Beatles.
- 02 The Eagles – 120 million.
- 03 Led Zeppelin – 111.5 million.
- 04 Billy Joel – 84.5 million.
- 05 Elton John – 78.5 million.
- 06 Pink Floyd – 75 million.
- 07 AC/DC – 72 million.
- 08 Rolling Stones – 66.5 million.
What is considered the greatest song ever written?
“Bohemian Rhapsody,” the legendary six-minute single by Queen, is what many call the greatest song ever written. It’s still one of the best -selling rock singles of all time, was voted The Song of the Millennium in 2000, and was recorded in the Guinness Book of Records as the No. 1 song of all time.
Who was the first British band to have a number 1 in America?
Up All Night sold 179,000 copies in a week after an intense promotional blitz that had some excitable commentators comparing it to the Beatles’ first visit to the States in 1964. Its sales made One Direction the first British pop band to go straight in at No 1 in America with their first LP.
Who has the most number two hits?
Creedence Clearwater Revival The group has the most No. 2-peaking hits without a No. 1: five.
Did Motley Crue have a number 1 song?
iTunes picked “Saints of Los Angeles” in their “Best of 2008” in the Rock category as the number one song.