- 1 Why did Queen write Flash Gordon?
- 2 Did Freddie Mercury design the Flash Gordon logo?
- 3 What decade is the hit single Another One Bites the Dust by Queen from?
- 4 Is Flash Gordon fast?
- 5 How old is Flash Gordon?
- 6 Did Queen write a song about the Flash?
- 7 What films did Queen wrote music for?
- 8 What movie did the British rock band Queen write and perform the soundtrack for?
Why did Queen write Flash Gordon?
While rock soundtracks weren’t really anything new, Queen’s assignment for Flash Gordon was to supply original songs as well as the score — and that, coupled with the film’s sci-fi story, proved too intriguing to resist. “It was in our minds that we would be up for writing a soundtrack if the right one came along.
Did Freddie Mercury design the Flash Gordon logo?
For the Flash Gordon album, Queen maintained a hands-on approach. It was the band’s idea to use snippets of dialogue to give a sense of narrative and structure to the disc and it was Freddie Mercury who used his graphic design skills to provide the distinctive ‘ Flash Gordon ‘ logo.
What decade is the hit single Another One Bites the Dust by Queen from?
|Chart (1980–1981)||Peak position|
|US Billboard Hot 100||1|
|US Billboard Hot Disco Singles||2|
|US Billboard Hot Soul Singles||2|
|US Cash Box||1|
Is Flash Gordon fast?
How fast is Flash Gordon? He has quite a way to go before he is approaching light speed. A scientist who works with WIRED Magazine says the television show video animations indicates he moves at about 700 miles per hour at his current operating speed; kudos to the animation team.
How old is Flash Gordon?
Raymond’s first Flash Gordon story appeared in January 1934, alongside Jungle Jim. The Flash Gordon strip was well received by newspaper readers, becoming one of the most popular American comic strips of the 1930s.
Did Queen write a song about the Flash?
” Flash ” is a song by the British rock band Queen. Written by guitarist Brian May, ” Flash ” is the theme song of the 1980 film Flash Gordon. There are two versions of the song. The album version (” Flash’s Theme”) is in fact the start to the movie, with all the dialogue from the first scene.
What films did Queen wrote music for?
Queen On The Widescreen – Fan Feature By Jane Remedio
- Flash Gordon – 1980. Produced by Dino De Laurentiis.
- Metropolis – Re-released 1984. Directed by Fritz Lang, Metropolis was a silent film originally released in 1927.
- The Hotel New Hampshire – 1984. Director Tony Richardson.
- Highlander – 1986.
- Bohemian Rhapsody – 2018.
What movie did the British rock band Queen write and perform the soundtrack for?
The originalHighlander film and the Highlander series featured music written and performed by the British Rock band Queen.