- 1 Who was the first punk rock band?
- 2 How did the band Ramones get their name?
- 3 What was the Ramones biggest hit?
- 4 Who is the best punk rock band ever?
- 5 What did punks stand for?
- 6 Did the Ramones do drugs?
- 7 Why did Ramones break up?
- 8 What is the fastest Ramones song?
- 9 Who was the best Ramone?
- 10 How many Ramones songs are there?
- 11 What songs did the Ramones cover?
Who was the first punk rock band?
Traditionally, there are three records that are cited as the “ first ” punk rock releases: the first Ramones album (April 1976), the “New Rose” 45 by the Damned (October ’76), and the Saints debut album, (I’m) Stranded (September ’76).
How did the band Ramones get their name?
Colvin was the first to adopt the name ” Ramone “, calling himself Dee Dee Ramone. He was inspired by Paul McCartney’s use of the pseudonym Paul Ramon during his Silver Beetles days. Dee Dee convinced the other members to take on the name and came up with the idea of calling the band the Ramones.
What was the Ramones biggest hit?
Readers’ Poll: The 10 Best Ramones Songs
- ‘Sheena Is a Punk Rocker’
- ‘Bonzo Goes to Bitburg’
- ‘Beat on the Brat’
- ‘Rockaway Beach’
- ‘The KKK Took My Baby Away’
- ‘Judy Is a Punk’
- ‘Pet Sematary’
- ‘Teenage Lobotomy’ It’s very tough to pick the Ramones ‘ single greatest album, but many fans would probably agree that it’s 1977’s Rocket to Russia.
Who is the best punk rock band ever?
Best Punk Rock Bands
- Green Day Green Day are an American pop punk, punk rock, and alternative rock band formed in East Bay, California in 1987.
- The Ramones The Ramones were an American punk rock band that formed in the New York City neighborhood of Forest Hills, Queens, in 1974.
What did punks stand for?
The punk ethos is primarily made up of beliefs such as non-conformity, anti-authoritarianism, anti-fascism, anti-corporatism, a do-it-yourself ethic, anti-consumerist, anti-corporate greed, direct action and not “selling out”.
Did the Ramones do drugs?
He toured the world playing his new songs, Ramones songs and some old favorites in small clubs, and continued to write songs for the Ramones until 1996, when the band retired. Dee Dee was addicted to drugs for much of his life, particularly heroin.
|Dee Dee Ramone|
Why did Ramones break up?
The Ramones finally disbanded in 1996 after a show at the Palace in Hollywood. Joey Ramone died of lymphoma in 2001; Dee Dee succumbed to a drug overdose in 2002; and Johnny expired from prostate cancer in 2004. The Ramones were inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in 2002.
What is the fastest Ramones song?
|” Blitzkrieg Bop “|
|Genre||Punk rock pop punk|
|Songwriter(s)||Tommy Ramone, Dee Dee Ramone|
Who was the best Ramone?
- Tommy Ramone Thomas Erdelyi, better known by his stage name Tommy Ramone, was a Hungarian American record producer, musician, and songwriter.
- Marky Ramone.
- Richie Ramone.
- CJ Ramone.
- Elvis Ramone.
- Monte Melnick (Monte Ramone )
- Arturo Vega (Arty Ramone ) Somebody call me on the phone.
- Ramón Valdés.
How many Ramones songs are there?
The Ramones were an American punk rock band from New York City. Their discography consists of fourteen studio albums, seven live albums, sixteen compilation albums, seventy-one singles, thirty-two music videos and ten films.
What songs did the Ramones cover?
COVER SONGS BY RAMONES
- 7 And 7 Is (Arthur Lee) (Original band: Love)
- Any Way You Want It (Dave Clark) (Original band: Dave Clark Five)
- Baby, I Love You (Phil Spector/Jeff Barry/Ellie Greenwich) (Original band: The Ronettes)
- California Sun (H.Glover/M.Levy) (Original band: The Rivieras)