- 1 Which rock band has the best selling album in history?
- 2 Did the band America have any number one hits?
- 3 Who was the top selling album artist of the 1970’s according to Billboard?
- 4 Which band sold the most albums in the 1970’s?
- 5 What is the #1 album of all time?
- 6 Who is the #1 selling artist of all time?
- 7 What is the number 1 song in America?
- 8 Which member of America died?
- 9 Who was the biggest-selling artist of the 70’s?
- 10 Who has the most Top 10 hits in the 70’s?
- 11 What was the biggest-selling single of the 70s?
- 12 Who was the best band of the 70s?
- 13 What was the number one album of 1970?
Which rock band has the best selling album in history?
Check out the 50 best – selling albums of all time:
- Eagles — “Their Greatest Hits (1971-1975)”
- Michael Jackson — “Thriller”
- Eagles — “Hotel California”
- AC/DC — “Back In Black”
- The Beatles — “The Beatles” (“The White Album “)
- Billy Joel — ” Greatest Hits Volume 1 & Volume 2″
- Led Zeppelin — “Led Zeppelin IV”
Did the band America have any number one hits?
However, in the 1990s, their popularity began to fade. They have not had a Billboard charted single in the United States since 1984, though “Young Moon” charted in Germany in 1994, peaking at number 59 on the country’s Media Control Charts along with hitting #33 on the Radio & Records AC Airplay Top 40 charts.
Who was the top selling album artist of the 1970’s according to Billboard?
Two of Elton John’s albums each became the best – selling record in the 1970s.
Which band sold the most albums in the 1970’s?
The Best- Selling Albums Of The 70s
- Most Of Us Rock Fans Have These Albums On Our Collections. 1970 was the new decade for rock n’ roll and these albums made history as the best selling of all time!
- Rumours – Fleetwood Mac (19,000,000 Copies Sold ) WalKnDude002.
- Boston – Boston (17,000,000 Copies Sold )
- Hotel California – The Eagles (15,000,000 Copies Sold )
What is the #1 album of all time?
Michael Jackson’s Thriller, estimated to have sold 66 million copies worldwide, is the best-selling album. Although sales estimates for Thriller have been as high as 120 million copies, these sales figures are unreliable.
Who is the #1 selling artist of all time?
Perhaps unsurprisingly, British rock band The Beatles are top of the list for best – selling artists worldwide, with 257.7 million certified sales. Second is Elvis Presley with almost 207 million sales, followed by Michael Jackson with 169.7 million.
What is the number 1 song in America?
As of the issue for the week ending on May 15, 2021, the Billboard Hot 100 has had 1,123 different number one entries. The chart’s current number-one song is “Save Your Tears” by the Weeknd and Ariana Grande.
Which member of America died?
|Born||November 1, 1950 Panama City, Florida, U.S.|
|Died||July 24, 2011 (aged 60) Farmington, Missouri, U.S.|
|Genres||Folk rock, soft rock, country rock, contemporary Christian|
|Instruments||Vocals, guitars, bass, keyboards, harmonica|
Who was the biggest-selling artist of the 70’s?
Simon & Garfunkel had the biggest – selling album of the 1970s with Bridge over Troubled Water.
Who has the most Top 10 hits in the 70’s?
Elvis Presley and The Jackson 5 shared the record for most top 10 hits in 1970 with four hit singles each.
What was the biggest-selling single of the 70s?
The biggest – selling single of the decade was “Mull of Kintyre” by the British band Wings. The Record Business/MRIB top twenty for the 1970s was:
- “Under the Moon of Love” – Showaddywaddy.
- “Merry Xmas Everybody” – Slade.
- ” Hit Me with Your Rhythm Stick” – Ian Dury and the Blockheads.
Who was the best band of the 70s?
Top 10 Best Rock Bands of the ’70s
- Led Zeppelin (Hard Rock/Blues Rock)
- Deep Purple (Hard Rock/Heavy Metal)
- Black Sabbath (Heavy Metal)
- The Who (Hard Rock/Rock)
- The Eagles (Rock/Country Rock)
- The Doors (Psychedelic Rock/Acid Rock)
- Pink Floyd (Psychedelic Rock)
- The Rolling Stones (Rock)
What was the number one album of 1970?
If you add the weeks it spent at the top to “McCartney” and “ Abbey Road,” the Beatles matched Simon & Garfunkel with 10 weeks total at No. 1 in 1970.