- 1 What band has sold the most concert tickets of all time?
- 2 Who holds the record for the largest concert crowd ever?
- 3 What was the most attended concert ever?
- 4 Who is the #1 selling artist of all time?
- 5 What is the richest band in the world?
- 6 What was Garth Brooks biggest concert?
- 7 What was the largest rock concert ever?
- 8 What was Michael Jackson’s biggest concert?
- 9 What is the fastest sold out concert ever?
- 10 What is the biggest Metallica concert ever?
- 11 What was the biggest Queen concert?
- 12 What is the #1 album of all time?
- 13 Who has the most #1 albums?
- 14 Who has the most #1 country hits?
What band has sold the most concert tickets of all time?
If you go by concert ticket units it’s The Beatles with 178 million tickets being sold, next is Elton John with 167 million tickets, next is a tie with Elvis & Garth Brooks selling 136 million tickets, next is Led Zeppelin with 112 million tickets, next is The Eagles with 101 million tickets sold.
Who holds the record for the largest concert crowd ever?
Music legend Rod Stewart holds the current world record for the biggest gig of all time — in 1994, he also performed on Copacabana Beach to to a staggering 3.5 million people celebrating New Year’s Eve.
What was the most attended concert ever?
10 of the biggest gigs in history
- Oasis at Knebworth, 1996: 500,000.
- The Rolling Stones in Hyde Park, 1969: 500,000.
- Isle Of Wight Festival, 1970: 700,000.
- Live 8 – Philadelphia, 2005: 1 million.
- The Rolling Stones, Copacabana Beach, 2006 – 1.5 million.
- Monsters Of Rock, Moscow, 1991: 1.6 million.
- Jean Michel Jarre, Moscow, 1997: 3.5 million.
Who is the #1 selling artist of all time?
Perhaps unsurprisingly, British rock band The Beatles are top of the list for best – selling artists worldwide, with 257.7 million certified sales. Second is Elvis Presley with almost 207 million sales, followed by Michael Jackson with 169.7 million.
What is the richest band in the world?
6 Of The Wealthiest Bands Of All Time
- U2 – Bono, The Edge, Adam Clayton and Larry Mullen Jr.
- Metallica – Lars Ulrich, James Hetfield, Kirk Hammett, Robert Trujillo.
- The Beatles – John Lennon, Paul Mcartney, Ringo Starr and George Harrison.
- Pink Floyd – David Gilmour, Roger Waters, Rick Wright, Nick Mason and Sid Barrett.
What was Garth Brooks biggest concert?
Flashback: Garth Brooks Holds the Largest Concert in Central Park history on this day in 1997. It’s been 23 years since Garth Brooks rocked the Big Apple with a powerful concert dubbed “Garthstock” in Central Park, and people are still talking about it. An estimated 980,000 people attended the 1997 Garth Brooks concert
What was the largest rock concert ever?
Rod Stewart’s 1994 New Year’s eve performance at Copacabana Beach is the biggest rock concert in history. This free concert attracted an estimated 4.2 million people.
What was Michael Jackson’s biggest concert?
Having toured with his brothers since the early 1970s, Michael Jackson began his first solo world tour on September 12, 1987, in Tokyo, Japan. Attracting over 4 million people, including royalty, the Bad Tour proved to be successful, becoming the most-highly attended and highest-earning tour of all time.
What is the fastest sold out concert ever?
2015 Concert (South Korea) – EXO Planet #2 – The EXO’luxion sold out (67,040 tickets) in 20 minutes, which was a record-breaking and at a time was the fastest sold – out concert in the world, though EXO breaks the world record again in 2017 with their new concert tour. 4.
What is the biggest Metallica concert ever?
1.6 million dedicated rock fans converged to Moscow in 1991 to watch Metallica play for one of the most epic shows of all time.
What was the biggest Queen concert?
Overall Queen played to approximately 700,000 people in the space of just 13 concerts with the show at Rio de Janeiro in Brazil setting the world record for the biggest paying audience at 250,000 people. As a point of note, football star Diego Maradona appeared on stage with the band in Argentina.
What is the #1 album of all time?
Michael Jackson’s Thriller, estimated to have sold 66 million copies worldwide, is the best-selling album. Although sales estimates for Thriller have been as high as 120 million copies, these sales figures are unreliable.
Who has the most #1 albums?
Most number-one albums
Who has the most #1 country hits?
As of 2015, George Strait holds the record for the most country number-one singles with 44.