- 1 What rock band sold the most albums?
- 2 What is the biggest selling rock album of all time?
- 3 Which rock and roll band has the most albums?
- 4 Which band has the single most sold album of all time?
- 5 Who is the #1 selling artist of all time?
- 6 Who sold more albums than the Beatles?
- 7 Who sold more albums KISS or Motley Crue?
- 8 Who is the best rock band in history?
- 9 Who has the most albums ever?
- 10 Who has the most #1 country hits?
- 11 Which rock band has the most number-one hits?
- 12 Who sold the most albums in 2020?
- 13 What song is considered the best of all time?
- 14 What is the most played song of all time?
- 15 What song spent longest at number 1?
What rock band sold the most albums?
Check out the 50 best- selling music artists of all time by album sales:
- The Beatles — 183 million units.
- Garth Brooks — 156 million units.
- Elvis Presley — 146.5 million units.
- Eagles — 120 million units.
- Led Zeppelin — 111.5 million units.
- Billy Joel — 84.5 million units.
- Michael Jackson — 84 million units.
What is the biggest selling rock album of all time?
Check out the 50 best- selling albums of all time:
- Eagles — “Their Greatest Hits (1971-1975)”
- Michael Jackson — “Thriller”
- Eagles — “Hotel California”
- AC/DC — “Back In Black”
- The Beatles — “The Beatles” (“The White Album “)
- Billy Joel — ” Greatest Hits Volume 1 & Volume 2″
- Led Zeppelin — “Led Zeppelin IV”
Which rock and roll band has the most albums?
01 The Beatles – 183 million As of 2019, the Beatles have sold 600 million albums worldwide — with 183 million of those sold in the U.S. alone.
Which band has the single most sold album of all time?
Michael Jackson’s Thriller, estimated to have sold 66 million copies worldwide, is the best-selling album. 40 million copies or more.
|Album||Their Greatest Hits (1971–1975)|
|Genre||Country rock, soft rock, folk rock|
Who is the #1 selling artist of all time?
Perhaps unsurprisingly, British rock band The Beatles are top of the list for best – selling artists worldwide, with 257.7 million certified sales. Second is Elvis Presley with almost 207 million sales, followed by Michael Jackson with 169.7 million.
Who sold more albums than the Beatles?
250 million or more records
|Artist||Country / Market||Claimed sales|
|The Beatles||United Kingdom||600 million 500 million|
|Elvis Presley||United States||600 million 500 million|
|Michael Jackson||United States||350 million 300 million|
|Elton John||United Kingdom||300 million 250 million|
Who sold more albums KISS or Motley Crue?
The duo are two of the most celebrated acts in rock history, with Motley Crue having sold 80 million albums worldwide and KISS having moved over 100 million records in their career.
Who is the best rock band in history?
The 10 best rock bands ever
- The Beatles. The Beatles are unquestionably the best and most important band in rock history, as well as the most compelling story.
- The Rolling Stones.
- The Grateful Dead.
- Velvet Underground.
- Led Zeppelin.
- Pink Floyd.
Who has the most albums ever?
Here are the American artists that have sold the most albums:
- Garth Brooks – 148 million units.
- Elvis Presley – 146.5 million units.
- Eagles – 101 million units.
- Billy Joel – 82.5 million units.
- Michael Jackson – 81 million units.
- George Strait – 69 million units.
- Barbra Streisand – 68.5 million units.
Who has the most #1 country hits?
As of 2015, George Strait holds the record for the most country number-one singles with 44.
Which rock band has the most number-one hits?
These are the artists with at least 8 songs that topped the Mainstream Rock chart. Disturbed holds the record for having the most consecutive number – one songs in the chart’s history with seven.
Who sold the most albums in 2020?
Half a century after their breakup, The Beatles are still the biggest rock band of 2020, shifting 1.094 million album -equivalent units through the first six months of the year, 326,000 units ahead of the genre’s second-place finisher, Queen.
What song is considered the best of all time?
The Top 50 most iconic songs of all time
- Smells Like Teen Spirit – Nirvana.
- Imagine – John Lennon.
- One – U2.
- Billie Jean – Michael Jackson.
- Bohemian Rhapsody – Queen.
- Hey Jude – The Beatles.
- Like A Rolling Stone – Bob Dylan.
- I Can’t Get No Satisfaction – Rolling Stones.
What is the most played song of all time?
As of April 2021, all of the top 100 songs have exceeded 1 billion streams, of which six have reached 2 billion streams, with Ed Sheeran’s “Shape of You” ranked in the top position. 100 most -streamed songs.
|Song||“Shape of You”|
What song spent longest at number 1?
The songs that spent the longest at Number 1
- Frankie Laine – I Believe (18 weeks)
- Bryan Adams – (Everything I Do) I Do It For You (16 weeks)
- Wet Wet Wet – Love Is All Around (15 weeks)
- Drake – One Dance (15 weeks)
- Queen – Bohemian Rhapsody (14 weeks)
- Ed Sheeran – Shape Of You (14 weeks)
- Slim Whitman – Rose Marie (11 weeks)
- Luis Fonsi & Daddy Yankee ft.