- 1 Who are some famous punk rock bands?
- 2 Who were the first punk rock bands?
- 3 What band is considered punk rock?
- 4 Who is the best punk rock band ever?
- 5 Is Green Day the best band ever?
- 6 What was the first punk rock song?
- 7 What did punks stand for?
- 8 Who made punk rock?
- 9 Is Green Day punk rock?
- 10 Where is punk rock most popular?
- 11 Which punk band has sold the most albums?
- 12 Is punk rock dead?
- 13 What happened punk?
Who are some famous punk rock bands?
Classic era of Punk 1970s-1980s
- The Ramones.
- Johnny Thunders and the Heartbreakers.
- Richard Hell.
- Patti Smith.
- The Misfits.
- The Dead Boys.
- Social Distortion.
Who were the first punk rock bands?
Traditionally, there are three records that are cited as the “ first ” punk rock releases: the first Ramones album (April 1976), the “New Rose” 45 by the Damned (October ’76), and the Saints debut album, (I’m) Stranded (September ’76).
What band is considered punk rock?
Green Day, the Ramones, Patti Smith and more make the punk album list. Punk rock started in 1976 on New York’s Bowery, when four cretins from Queens came up with a mutant strain of blitzkrieg bubblegum. The revolution they inspired split the history of rock & roll in half.
Who is the best punk rock band ever?
Best Punk Rock Bands
- Green Day Green Day are an American pop punk, punk rock, and alternative rock band formed in East Bay, California in 1987.
- The Ramones The Ramones were an American punk rock band that formed in the New York City neighborhood of Forest Hills, Queens, in 1974.
Is Green Day the best band ever?
Green Day is better than every other punk band out there, and not only that, but makes the case for one of the best bands ever, period. No punk band has the same musical prowess/synergy, song repertoire, and steadfastness to punk like Green Day.
What was the first punk rock song?
The Ramones were not the first punk rock band, but “Blitzkrieg Bop” was the first punk rock song to cement a template—for better or worse.
What did punks stand for?
The punk ethos is primarily made up of beliefs such as non-conformity, anti-authoritarianism, anti-fascism, anti-corporatism, a do-it-yourself ethic, anti-consumerist, anti-corporate greed, direct action and not “selling out”.
Who made punk rock?
Bands such as the Velvet Underground, the Stooges, MC5, and The Dictators, coupled with shock rock acts like Alice Cooper, laid the foundation for punk in the US. The transvestite community of New York inspired the New York Dolls, who led the charge as glam punk developed out of the wider glam rock movement.
Is Green Day punk rock?
A comprimise has been made by listing Green Day as a part of both Pop Punk and Punk Rock. Green Day has had albums/songs in both the Punk Rock (Pre American Idiot) and Pop Punk (Post American Idiot) genres. Therefore, it is fitting that it be classified as both. Green day are punk.
Where is punk rock most popular?
Top 5 punk rock cities
- New York. It’s safe to say there’d be no punk music without New York City.
- Hamburg. Is there a cooler city than Hamburg?
- Melbourne. Radio Birdman, The Saints, The Hard-Ons.
- Los Angeles.
Which punk band has sold the most albums?
1. Green Day – Dookie. Still the largest selling pop punk album of all time, Green Day’s major label debut produced a whopping 5 hit singles, all of which are considered classics in their own right.
Is punk rock dead?
Punk rock isn’t any more alive and thriving today than psychedelic rock or new wave. As far as the broader culture is concerned, it’s been dead for awhile and it ain’t coming back. Punk arose out of a very specific time and a very specific attitude.
What happened punk?
Punk music, which lived its golden ages in 70s, was replaced by heavy metal in 80s because there were not as many punk groups as there were before. The last best Punk group was Billie Joe Armstrong, Mike Dirnt and Tre Cool’s once legendary Green Day that keeps producing amazing hit songs.