- 1 Who was the very first punk band?
- 2 What band started punk rock?
- 3 Who started punk rock?
- 4 Who were the main punk bands?
- 5 Who is the best punk rock band ever?
- 6 Who is the queen of punk rock?
- 7 What did punks stand for?
- 8 What was the first ever punk song?
- 9 Does punk still exist?
- 10 Is Green Day punk rock?
- 11 Where is punk rock most popular?
- 12 Is Green Day the best band ever?
- 13 Which punk band has sold the most albums?
- 14 Are Punks nice?
Who was the very first punk band?
Traditionally, there are three records that are cited as the “ first ” punk rock releases: the first Ramones album (April 1976), the “New Rose” 45 by the Damned (October ’76), and the Saints debut album, (I’m) Stranded (September ’76).
What band started punk rock?
Green Day, the Ramones, Patti Smith and more make the punk album list. Punk rock started in 1976 on New York’s Bowery, when four cretins from Queens came up with a mutant strain of blitzkrieg bubblegum. The revolution they inspired split the history of rock & roll in half.
Who started punk rock?
Bands such as the Velvet Underground, the Stooges, MC5, and The Dictators, coupled with shock rock acts like Alice Cooper, laid the foundation for punk in the US. The transvestite community of New York inspired the New York Dolls, who led the charge as glam punk developed out of the wider glam rock movement.
Who were the main punk bands?
Readers Poll: The Best Punk Rock Bands of All Time
- The Ramones.
- The Sex Pistols.
- The Dead Kennedys.
- Iggy and the Stooges.
- Black Flag.
- The Misfits.
- Social Distortion.
- Bad Brains. Washington, D.C. legends Bad Brains began as jazz-fusion group in 1975, but two years later punk hit and they changed their sound.
Who is the best punk rock band ever?
Best Punk Rock Bands
- Green Day Green Day are an American pop punk, punk rock, and alternative rock band formed in East Bay, California in 1987.
- The Ramones The Ramones were an American punk rock band that formed in the New York City neighborhood of Forest Hills, Queens, in 1974.
Who is the queen of punk rock?
Patti Smith: The original queen of punk is back.
What did punks stand for?
The punk ethos is primarily made up of beliefs such as non-conformity, anti-authoritarianism, anti-fascism, anti-corporatism, a do-it-yourself ethic, anti-consumerist, anti-corporate greed, direct action and not “selling out”.
What was the first ever punk song?
The Ramones were not the first punk rock band, but “Blitzkrieg Bop” was the first punk rock song to cement a template—for better or worse.
Does punk still exist?
Punk music still exists. A lot of purists continue to insist that punk music has disappeared underground due to the fact it’s where it belongs, but this isn’t the case. Punk music is underground because punk culture keeps it that way. Punk culture destroys musical diversity and punk music’s popularity.
Is Green Day punk rock?
A comprimise has been made by listing Green Day as a part of both Pop Punk and Punk Rock. Green Day has had albums/songs in both the Punk Rock (Pre American Idiot) and Pop Punk (Post American Idiot) genres. Therefore, it is fitting that it be classified as both. Green day are punk.
Where is punk rock most popular?
Top 5 punk rock cities
- New York. It’s safe to say there’d be no punk music without New York City.
- Hamburg. Is there a cooler city than Hamburg?
- Melbourne. Radio Birdman, The Saints, The Hard-Ons.
- Los Angeles.
Is Green Day the best band ever?
Green Day is better than every other punk band out there, and not only that, but makes the case for one of the best bands ever, period. No punk band has the same musical prowess/synergy, song repertoire, and steadfastness to punk like Green Day.
Which punk band has sold the most albums?
1. Green Day – Dookie. Still the largest selling pop punk album of all time, Green Day’s major label debut produced a whopping 5 hit singles, all of which are considered classics in their own right.
Are Punks nice?
Punks don’t tend to “make nice ” or want to. But there are definitely punks who are sweet, decent and true. Upright, righteous, courageous and willing to oppose what they see as wrong. Fiercely loyal in a pinch, and devoted to friends proven true.