- 1 What bands or musicians are influenced by the music of the 1980s?
- 2 What influenced music in the 1980s?
- 3 What bands were formed in the 80s?
- 4 Who were the biggest bands of the 80s?
- 5 What music was popular during the 1980s?
- 6 Who was the biggest selling artist of the 80s?
- 7 What was the biggest hit of the 80s?
- 8 Who had the most number 1 hits in the 80s?
- 9 Who was the most popular female singer of the 1980s?
What bands or musicians are influenced by the music of the 1980s?
Important alternative groups from the 1980s include The Cure, Depeche Mode, New Order, R.E.M., The Smiths, 10,000 Maniacs, and U2. Hard Rock and Heavy Metal.
What influenced music in the 1980s?
Popular bands in the genre often came from the L.A. Sunset Strip music scene and the United Kingdom. Hair metal bands would pull influences from heavy metal, punk rock, and traditional rock music to develop their sound.
What bands were formed in the 80s?
Top 10 Best Rock Bands of the ‘ 80s
- Guns N’ Roses (Hard Rock/Glam Metal)
- Queen (Rock)
- Metallica (Heavy Metal/Thrash Metal)
- AC/DC (Hard Rock)
- Bon Jovi (Rock/Hard Rock/Glam Metal)
- Foreigner Rock/Hard Rock)
- Journey (Rock/Hard Rock)
- Motorhead (Heavy Metal/Speed Metal)
Who were the biggest bands of the 80s?
Top 20 American Classic Rock Bands of the ’80s
- Guns N’ Roses. After spotting every other American band on this list a six-year head start, Guns N’ Roses rocketed to the front of the pack largely on the strength of just one studio album.
- Van Halen.
- ZZ Top.
- Tom Petty & the Heartbreakers.
What music was popular during the 1980s?
The 1980s saw the emergence of dance music and new wave. As disco fell out of fashion in the decade’s early years, genres such as post-disco, Italo disco, Euro disco and dance-pop became more popular. Rock music continued to enjoy a wide audience.
Who was the biggest selling artist of the 80s?
Michael Jackson had the second and third best – selling albums of the 1980s, with Bad just overtaking Thriller by the end of the decade. In fourth place was Greatest Hits by Queen, which had sold over 1.9 million copies by 1989 and would go on to become the UK’s biggest – selling album of all time.
What was the biggest hit of the 80s?
Best ‘ 80s songs, ranked
- “Close to Me” by the Cure.
- “Modern Love” by David Bowie.
- “I Wanna Dance with Somebody” by Whitney Houston.
- “Free Fallin’” by Tom Petty.
- “Fight the Power” by Public Enemy.
- “When Doves Cry” by Prince.
- “Sexual Healing” by Marvin Gaye.
- “Dancing in the Dark” by Bruce Springsteen.
Who had the most number 1 hits in the 80s?
- Michael Jackson had the highest number of top hits at the Billboard Hot 100 chart during the 1980s (9 songs ).
- George Michael was one of the most successful artists of the Billboard Hot 100 during the 1980s, with four number-one singles as a solo artist, three with Wham! and one as a duet with Aretha Franklin.
Who was the most popular female singer of the 1980s?
The Top Women Singers of ‘ 80s Rock
- Tina Turner. Redferns/Getty Images.
- Pat Benatar. Raoul/IMAGES/Getty Images.
- Annie Lennox of Eurythmics. Ian Dickson/Redferns/Getty Images.
- Ann & Nancy Wilson of Heart. Michael Marks/Michael Ochs Archives/Getty Images.
- Stevie Nicks. Paul Natkin/Getty Images.
- Kim Gordon. Tony Mottram/Getty Images.
- Joan Jett.
- Chrissie Hynde.