- 1 What does the who band logo mean?
- 2 Did Freddie Mercury draw the Queen logo?
- 3 What is the Aerosmith logo?
- 4 What is the best band logo?
- 5 Do bands still have logos?
- 6 Who made Metallica’s logo?
- 7 What does the Queen logo mean?
- 8 Why is there a phoenix in the Queen logo?
- 9 How did rock band Queen get their name?
- 10 What is Rolling Stones logo?
- 11 Who designed the AC DC logo?
- 12 How do bands choose logos?
- 13 What is a good logo?
- 14 How do you make a creative band name?
What does the who band logo mean?
The arrow on the ‘o’ was meant to represent masculinity and the combination of the two h’s were meant to symbolize unity. The colors of the British flag are prominently featured in a bullseye design. The image was never featured on a studio album cover but has been widely worn as a badge of honor by The Who’s fan base.
Did Freddie Mercury draw the Queen logo?
Having attended art college, Freddie Mercury actually designed Queen’s logo, called the ‘ Queen crest’, shortly before the release of the band’s first album in 1973. The original logo can be seen on the reverse-side of the cover of the band’s first album, was a simple line drawing.
What is the Aerosmith logo?
The meaning is as it follows: ac = alternating current, dc = direct current. It makes a reference to the electric signals and voltages and that explains where the voltage bolt in the logo comes from. Aerosmith ‘s logo was designed by the band’s ex-guitarist Ray Tabano, who was a member of the group only for 1 year.
What is the best band logo?
The Best Band Logos in History
- The Rolling Stones. Image source: udiscovermusic.com.
- The Doors. Image source: bandlogojukebox.com.
- The Monkees. Image source: bandlogojukebox.com.
- AC/DC. Image source: blipfuzz.com.
- Bon Jovi. Image source: seeklogo.net.
- Red Hot Chili Peppers. Image credit:en.wikipedia.org.
- New York Dolls.
Do bands still have logos?
Obviously it’s not a hard-and-fast rule, but in general you can look at most any band and they’ll have a logo as part of their brand. Solo artists, though, don’t really. In fact, the only artist I can think of that had a logo was Prince when he was using that symbol.
Who made Metallica’s logo?
Art Chantry thinks so. And he should know. For the record, the Metallica logo was designed by the band’s lead singer and guitarist James Hetfield. He also was also responsible for the alternative ‘ninja star’ and ‘scary guy’ logos, which have since become prime tattoo fodder.
What does the Queen logo mean?
Queen! The infamous band logo was designed by Freddie Mercury shortly before the official release of their debut album. The logo illustrates the zodiac signs of all four members of the band – two lions for Leo (Deacon and Taylor), a crab for Cancer (May), and two fairies for Virgo (Mercury).
Why is there a phoenix in the Queen logo?
In spite of that, Freddie designed the famous band’s logo, the Queen -crest, using the birth signs of the members. The phoenix on the top of the logo represents immortality. Queen was not complete until February 1971 when the members have auditioned numerous bass players and came up with John Deacon.
How did rock band Queen get their name?
Before forming Queen, May and Taylor had played together in the band Smile. Mercury was a fan of Smile and encouraged them to experiment with more elaborate stage and recording techniques. He joined in 1970 and suggested the name ” Queen “.
What is Rolling Stones logo?
The tongue and lips logo or alternatively the lips and tongue logo, also known as the Hot Lips logo, or the Rolling Stones Records logo, or simply the Rolling Stones logo, is a logo designed by the English art designer John Pasche for the rock band The Rolling Stones in 1970.
Who designed the AC DC logo?
01. AC/DC. Unveiled in June 1977, the AC/DC logo was designed by Atlantic Records art director Bob Defrin with the help of renowned graphic designer Gerard Huerta. The logo depicts a lightning bolt that is incorporated within the band’s name.
How do bands choose logos?
Band logo best practices
- Color. Choose a color that reflects your music genre and resonates with your band’s fans.
- Layout. As you begin designing your band logo, ask yourself, ‘Where will I use my logo most?’
- Special Features.
What is a good logo?
What Makes A Good Logo? A good logo is distinctive, appropriate, practical, graphic and simple in form, and it conveys the owner’s intended message. A concept or “meaning” is usually behind an effective logo, and it communicates the intended message.
How do you make a creative band name?
8 Tips for a Strong Band Name
- Reflect the right mood and imagery.
- Want to use your actual name?
- Consider how it’ll fit on your merch.
- Be sure it’s easy to read, pronounce, and spell.
- Choose a name that’s legally available.
- Find out if it’s an available domain name.
- Invent a new word (or play off of an existing one)
- Reflect on your target fan.