- 1 What is the longest performing rock band in history?
- 2 What is the oldest band in the world?
- 3 What rock band has toured the most?
- 4 What musician has had the longest career?
- 5 Who is the oldest rock star still performing?
- 6 Who is the most famous rock star?
- 7 What is the longest playing song in history?
- 8 What was the first rock band ever?
- 9 Who is the oldest singer alive today?
- 10 What band has sold the most concert tickets of all time?
- 11 Who is considered the best rock band of all time?
- 12 What is the fastest sold out concert ever?
- 13 Who has the longest acting career?
- 14 Who is the longest singer?
- 15 Who has the longest discography?
What is the longest performing rock band in history?
U2 named longest running band, by your magazine namesake. U2 have been named the longest running band on planet by the rock bible Rolling Stone. The Irish supergroup won the accolade of the longest active band in the world with no breaks or line-up changes.
What is the oldest band in the world?
The oldest band is Golden Senior Trio (Japan), consisting of three active members aged 82, 85, and 93 years old, with an average age of 87 years and 132 days as of 27 October 2019.
What rock band has toured the most?
The Rolling Stones, had claimed the highest -grossing tour multiple times, with the latest being A Bigger Bang Tour (currently the fourth).
What musician has had the longest career?
The Longest Careers
Who is the oldest rock star still performing?
16 Of The Oldest Musicians Still Touring, Recording, And Kicking Butt
- Willie Nelson, 87.
- Dionne Warwick, 80.
- Tony Bennett, 94.
- Paul McCartney, 78.
- Ringo Starr, 80.
- Yoko Ono, 87.
- Buddy Guy, 84.
- Loretta Lynn, 88.
Who is the most famous rock star?
Top 8 Most Iconic Rock Stars of All Time
- Jon Bon Jovi. The Bon Jovi band’s front man has scored himself spots in the Songwriters Hall of Fame, Grammys, and roles in various movies and TV shows.
- Elton John.
- Elvis Presley.
- Bob Dylan.
- Janis Joplin.
- Jimi Hendrix.
- Paul McCartney.
What is the longest playing song in history?
Answer: As of 2019, Guinness World Records states that the longest officially released song was “The Rise and Fall of Bossanova,” by PC III, which lasts 13 hours, 23 minutes, and 32 seconds. The longest recorded pop song is “Apparente Libertà,” by Giancarlo Ferrari, which is 76 minutes, 44 seconds long.
What was the first rock band ever?
Answer has 3 votes. I also found this: According to music historian Peter Guralnick the first rock and roll artist was by Jackie Brenston and his Delta Cats who recorded Rocket 88 for the Sun Records label in 1951.
Who is the oldest singer alive today?
Today’s Oldest Living Rock N’ Roll Stars- And They STILL Look Good
- Henry Gray – 91 years old.
- Roy Haynes – 91 years old.
- Chuck Berry – 90 years old.
- Big Jay McNeely – 89 years old.
- Johnny Thunder – 84 years old.
- Yoko Ono – 83 years old.
- Lloyd Price – 83 years old.
- Willie Nelson – 83 years old.
What band has sold the most concert tickets of all time?
If you go by concert ticket units it’s The Beatles with 178 million tickets being sold, next is Elton John with 167 million tickets, next is a tie with Elvis & Garth Brooks selling 136 million tickets, next is Led Zeppelin with 112 million tickets, next is The Eagles with 101 million tickets sold.
Who is considered the best rock band of all time?
The 10 best rock bands ever
- The Beatles. The Beatles are unquestionably the best and most important band in rock history, as well as the most compelling story.
- The Rolling Stones.
- The Grateful Dead.
- Velvet Underground.
- Led Zeppelin.
- Pink Floyd.
What is the fastest sold out concert ever?
2015 Concert (South Korea) – EXO Planet #2 – The EXO’luxion sold out (67,040 tickets) in 20 minutes, which was a record-breaking and at a time was the fastest sold – out concert in the world, though EXO breaks the world record again in 2017 with their new concert tour. 4.
Who has the longest acting career?
Norman Lloyd, Hollywood’s Longest -Working Actor, Turns 106 – Variety.
Who is the longest singer?
The longest singing marathon by an individual lasted 105 hours and was achieved by Sunil Waghmare (India) in Nagpur, India, from 3 to 7 March 2012. The record attempt started at 11.06am on 3 March, with a variety of popular Indian songs being sung. No song was repeated within a 4 hour period.
Who has the longest discography?
- The Fall. Mark E.
- Frank Zappa. The legendarily weird Frank Zappa has released 119 albums, with 100 studio albums, 13 compilations and 6 rock operas and bootlegs.
- Elvis Presley.
- Nana Mouskouri.