- 1 Why did Pearl Jam sue Ticketmaster?
- 2 What happened to the band Pearl Jam after they tried to boycott Ticketmaster?
- 3 Who sued Ticketmaster?
- 4 How do you fight Ticketmaster?
- 5 How do I buy Pearl Jam tickets?
- 6 Is Pearl Jam still together?
- 7 How much are Pearl Jam tickets?
- 8 Is there a class action lawsuit against Ticketmaster?
- 9 Why are Ticketmaster fees so high?
- 10 How long is Ticketmaster taking to refund?
- 11 How do I get a Ticketmaster refund?
- 12 How do you get your money back from Ticketmaster postponed?
- 13 How do I avoid Ticketmaster fees?
Why did Pearl Jam sue Ticketmaster?
The dispute had its origins in two free concerts that Pearl Jam played in Seattle over Labour Day weekend (1 May) in 1992. Ticketmaster demanded a $1 service charge on each ticket – which, Pearl Jam felt, stretched the definition of “free”.
What happened to the band Pearl Jam after they tried to boycott Ticketmaster?
Pearl Jam quickly abandoned their tour plans, and after being prompted by Justice Department officials, they filed an antitrust complaint against Ticketmaster, triggering a federal investigation into the company’s alleged monopoly.
Who sued Ticketmaster?
Chris Chmura reports. A San Francisco man has filed a class action lawsuit against Beverly Hills-based Ticketmaster on behalf of would-be concertgoers, seeking refunds for events postponed during the pandemic. Attorneys for Derek Hansen filed the suit last month.
How do you fight Ticketmaster?
19 Foolproof Tips for Conquering Ticketmaster
- Sign up for a credit card. Prior to the general sale, most events offer exclusive presale opportunities for credit-card holders.
- Join a fan club.
- Presale codes are hiding in plain sight.
- Be ready at least ten minutes before a sale begins.
- Block those pesky CAPTCHA tests.
- If all else fails, play the lottery.
How do I buy Pearl Jam tickets?
Tickets for Pearl Jam’s North American concerts will be made available through a Ticketmaster Verified Fan registration and public ticket presale, a Ten Club presale for eligible members, and a general public ticket sale.
Is Pearl Jam still together?
Pearl Jam have announced rescheduled tour dates for 2021, following the postponement of a tour in 2020 due to the ongoing coronavirus pandemic. Currently, the band has only scheduled two shows in the US, the bulk of their tour dates planned for Europe.
How much are Pearl Jam tickets?
How much do Pearl Jam tickets cost? Currently, the average ticket price for Pearl Jam concert tickets is $780.
Is there a class action lawsuit against Ticketmaster?
Why are Ticketmaster fees so high?
Ticket prices are usually determined by the venue and performer so if the performer is popular and demand is high, then ticket price is expensive. Ticketmaster and all resale sites charge so called Service Fee which is going to be their revenue.
How long is Ticketmaster taking to refund?
You should expect to receive your refund in as soon as 30 days. Note that if your event was canceled and you purchased tickets via Ticketmaster, you will automatically receive a refund and there is no need to reach out to Fan Support.
How do I get a Ticketmaster refund?
How to Get a Refund for Ticketmaster Tickets When Your Event Gets Postponed?
- Go to your Ticketmaster account.
- Find the event you want to cancel.
- Look for the Request a Refund link under Self Service.
How do you get your money back from Ticketmaster postponed?
The Event Organizer may provide the option to request a credit for canceled, postponed, rescheduled, or moved events; if so, we will send you a notification, and you can submit a request for credit in your account. Credits are provided by the Event Organizer, and not by Ticketmaster.
How do I avoid Ticketmaster fees?
The best way to avoid Ticketmaster /Live Nation fees is to purchase directly from the venue box office. As a bonus you may be able to negotiate a steep discount on last minute purchases, especially if you have cash.