- 1 Where did the name Wet Wet Wet come from?
- 2 Who is the band Wet?
- 3 Are Wet Wet Wet still together?
- 4 What was Wet Wet Wet first single?
- 5 What song knocked Love is all around off Number 1?
- 6 How Much Is Wet Wet Wet worth?
- 7 Is Lava wet?
- 8 Why did Marty leave Wet Wet Wet?
- 9 How long did Wet Wet Wet stay at number 1?
- 10 What is the longest number 1 song in UK?
- 11 What song spent longest at number 1?
- 12 How many hits did Wet Wet Wet have?
Where did the name Wet Wet Wet come from?
The band name Wet Wet Wet was chosen from a line in the 1982 Scritti Politti song “Gettin’ Havin’ & Holdin'” (“it’s tired of joking wet, wet with tears”), and McLachlan changed his name to stage name “Marti Pellow”. Their first professional gig was a New Year’s Eve show at Glasgow’s Barrowlands.
Who is the band Wet?
Wet is currently made up of members Kelly Zutrau and Joe Valle, and formerly Marty Sulkow. The three met in New York through mutual friends while Sulkow and Valle were attending New York University and Zutrau was a student at Cooper Union. Sulkow and Zutrau formed a band called Beauty Feast in 2007.
Are Wet Wet Wet still together?
Marti Pellow is a Scottish singer, and was the lead singer of Scottish pop group Wet Wet Wet from their formation in 1982 until their first split in 1997, and again from their reformation in 2004 to their second split in 2017.
What was Wet Wet Wet first single?
Having formed in 1982 after taking their name from a line in a Scritti Politti song, the band’s first single ‘ Wishing I Was Lucky ‘ was released in 1987 which quickly entered the charts, starting a phenomenal run of 27 Top 40 hits.
What song knocked Love is all around off Number 1?
The song in question was from one of the most successful movies of all time, Four Weddings And A Funeral, and the more people saw it at the cinema, the more likely they were to troop across the road and pick up a copy for themselves. Step forward Wet Wet Wet’s monster hit Love Is All Around.
How Much Is Wet Wet Wet worth?
READ MORE. According to Celebrity Net Worth, the singer has a staggering net worth of £14.5million. He was born in Clydebank, Dunbartonshire and before beginning his music career, he became painter and decorator. The 65-year-old had huge success with Vortex Motion, which was later changed to Wet Wet Wet.
Is Lava wet?
If we’re using it as an adjective (definition: covered or saturated with water or another liquid), then lava is a liquid state so it therefore it’s wet. Lava does contain a lot of water, especially prior to eruption (when it’s called magma), but also as it flows across the ground,’ he explained.
Why did Marty leave Wet Wet Wet?
It didn’t come as a surprise to those closest to Marti Pellow that he decided to leave the band to pursue a solo career. During breaks from recording and performing with Wet Wet Wet, Marti Pellow, 55, recorded eleven solo albums and between 2001 and 2017 released the same number of solo singles.
How long did Wet Wet Wet stay at number 1?
Wet Wet Wet ‘s cover, for the soundtrack to the 1994 film Four Weddings and a Funeral, was an international hit and spent 15 consecutive weeks at number one on the UK Singles Chart.
What is the longest number 1 song in UK?
The longest unbroken run at number one is “(Everything I Do) I Do It for You” by Bryan Adams, which spent 16 consecutive weeks in 1991.
What song spent longest at number 1?
The songs that spent the longest at Number 1
- Frankie Laine – I Believe (18 weeks)
- Bryan Adams – (Everything I Do) I Do It For You (16 weeks)
- Wet Wet Wet – Love Is All Around (15 weeks)
- Drake – One Dance (15 weeks)
- Queen – Bohemian Rhapsody (14 weeks)
- Ed Sheeran – Shape Of You (14 weeks)
- Slim Whitman – Rose Marie (11 weeks)
- Luis Fonsi & Daddy Yankee ft.
How many hits did Wet Wet Wet have?
6. Wet Wet Wet performed their top ten hit, “Wishing I Was Lucky”, to a televised audience of millions at Nelson Mandela’s 70th birthday celebrations.