- 1 What is the weirdest band name?
- 2 How do I find my perfect band name?
- 3 How did the band Foghat get its name?
- 4 Which rock band first advertised on a billboard?
- 5 What is the longest band name ever?
- 6 Can 2 bands have the same name?
- 7 What is the most common band name?
- 8 What are good band names that aren’t taken?
- 9 Is my band name taken?
- 10 Are there any original members in Foghat?
- 11 What does the word Foghat mean?
- 12 How old is Foghat?
What is the weirdest band name?
That’ll become abundantly clear when you see the last group on the list.
- The Devil Wears Prada.
- Natalie Portman’s Shaved Head.
- Toad the Wet Sprocket.
- Dogs Die in Hot Cars.
- Cherry Poppin’ Daddies.
- Anal Cunt.
How do I find my perfect band name?
8 Tips for a Strong Band Name
- Reflect the right mood and imagery.
- Want to use your actual name?
- Consider how it’ll fit on your merch.
- Be sure it’s easy to read, pronounce, and spell.
- Choose a name that’s legally available.
- Find out if it’s an available domain name.
- Invent a new word (or play off of an existing one)
- Reflect on your target fan.
How did the band Foghat get its name?
Foghat was born of the blues band Savoy Brown. The group wanted to take the sound of Savoy Brown a step further and add a rock edge to its basic boogie blues. The name Foghat was taken from a word that Mr. Peverett and his brother, John, had invented in a Scrabble game.
Which rock band first advertised on a billboard?
Sunset Strip Billboards – The First Doors Album Started It All. Where the entertainment industry advertises to itself. All along the Strip. In 1967 Elektra Records took out a billboard just above the Chateau Marmont for the first Doors album, thus starting a craze that peaked in the seventies but goes on to this day.
What is the longest band name ever?
Top 7 Ridiculously Long Band Names
- Vaginal Penetration of an Amelus with a Musty Carrot.
- Dicephalustetrapusdibrachius Anthropohagolagnia.
- The Silver Mt. Zion Memorial Orchestra & Tra-La-La Band.
Can 2 bands have the same name?
Yes. This falls not under copyright law but trademark law, which can be considerably murkier. There is nothing illegal about two companies or bands or individuals having the same name. There is a trademark office where you can register trademarks such as names and logos.
What is the most common band name?
‘Blink-182’ Is The Most Common Band Name Used As An Online Password — Kerrang!
What are good band names that aren’t taken?
150 Free Unused Band Names, Massive Local Music Database, Tower Bar Rebuilt, more
- Logan ‘s Sun.
- Icy London.
- Giant Rats of Sumatra.
- Klondike Kittens.
- Finches of Attica.
Is my band name taken?
You still need to check to see if the band name is trademarked. Head over to the USPTO website and check for registered or pending trademarks. If you don’t find anything that resembles your band name, you’re in the clear! Be sure to check for similar names and misspellings.
Are there any original members in Foghat?
Formed in January 1971, the group originally included lead vocalist and rhythm guitarist “Lonesome” Dave Peverett, bassist and backing vocalist Tony Stevens, drummer Roger Earl (all recently departed from Savoy Brown) and lead guitarist Rod Price (formerly of Black Cat Bones).
What does the word Foghat mean?
Foghat. A euphemism for getting high on marijuana.
How old is Foghat?
Foghat is an American-based English rock band formed in London in 1971. The band is known for the use of electric slide guitar in its music. The band has achieved eight gold records, one platinum and one double platinum record, and despite several line-up changes, continue to record and perform.